Relocation After Divorce

Experienced New Jersey
Divorce Lawyer

Relocation after Divorce | Out-of-State Moves

In the aftermath of a divorce, as you and your spouse start to build your separate lives, there may be circumstances that necessitate or favor relocation. You may need to move for your job. If there are minor children involved, though, the custodial parent cannot simply pick up and move out of state. If your children live with you and you want to move out of state, or if your ex-spouse wants to move out of state and take your children, you want an experienced attorney to protect your interests. I can help.

At the Law Offices of Daniel K. Newman, I bring many years of experience to men and women facing family law challenges. I represent custodial and non-custodial parents in all types of custody and visitation disputes, including situations where one parent seeks to relocate outside of the state. With more than three decades of experience handling divorce and family law disputes, I have comprehensive understanding of the law and process, as well as the specific strategies to get the outcome you want.

For a free initial consultation, contact me online or call my office at (856) 309-9007.

Protect Your Rights in Relocation Proceedings

In New Jersey, as in other states, the key factor when determining whether a custodial parent can relocate out of the state is the best interests of the child. When a custodial parent seeks to move to another state, the court will require the permission of the non-custodial parent or a court order permitting such a relocation.

When you hire me to represent you in relocation proceedings, whether you are the custodial or the non-custodial parent, I will carefully gather all information necessary to understand your position. I will also prepare and file all required documents requesting a court order if necessary, and I will be your advocate in all hearings or proceedings.


Protect your rights in relocation proceedings! I provide a free initial consultation to every prospective client. To schedule a private meeting with an experienced Voorhees divorce relocation attorney, contact me online or call my office at (856) 309-9007.

My law office is conveniently located in the Greens of Laurel Oak office park.