South Jersey Divorce & Family Law Attorney
Meet Daniel K. Newman
Family Law Practice Areas
Divorce Lawyer Camden NJ
Each family is unique, and the family law issues that affect them are unique as well. At the Law Offices of Daniel K. Newman, your South Jersey family law attorney will be well prepared to handle a wide range of matters that affect your family.
For more than 30 years, our founding attorney, Daniel K. Newman, has been focusing on one thing for his clients: achieving the best possible results. In family law matters, this means taking a straightforward approach based on practical solutions.
To talk to us about solutions for your legal matter, contact the Law Offices of Daniel K. Newman at 866-218-4778. The family law services provided by our Camden County NJ divorce lawyers, are outlined below:
- Divorce: We represent people throughout South Jersey in divorce proceedings, including all related matters, such as military divorce or divorce from an incapacitated spouse. We advise people facing both bankruptcy and divorce on how best to proceed.
- Child custody and visitation: When a legal issue affects your relationship with your children, we can help. Some parents are able to put their own perspectives aside and put their children’s needs first. Others become bogged down in child custody disputes that are not easy to resolve. Our law firm represents parents in child custody proceedings, from establishment to modification of custody orders.
- Child support: We help parents understand the New Jersey child support guidelines, helping them protect their rights.
- Spousal support/alimony: At the Law Offices of Daniel K. Newman, we represent clients who face spousal support issues in a divorce, including establishment of alimony and modification of existing court orders.
- Property division: New Jersey law recognizes equitable distribution of marital property. We help our clients make smart decisions about equitable distribution in middle-class and high-end divorces that protect their rights and interests. Key issues may include exemptions from equitable distribution of assets, division of complex property and pensions, allocation of marital debt and dissipation of marital assets.
- Division of complex property and pensions: When review of complex assets requires experienced legal counsel, we have what it takes to get the best possible results. Ask attorney Daniel K. Newman about exemptions from equitable distribution of assets, division of debt, property division in high asset divorce or a case involving dissipation of marital assets by a gambling or financially irresponsible spouse.
- Mediation: We represent clients in divorce mediation. Whether you opt for mediation or it has been mandated by the courts, we can help.
- Post-judgment modifications: We help clients who seek to modify existing court orders involving child custody, visitation and support.
- Moving into and out of New Jersey: When you move into or out of New Jersey, existing child custody orders are usually affected. Talk with us to assess your options before you or your ex-spouse moves.
- Premarital agreements: We draft, negotiate and litigate prenuptial agreements under New Jersey law.
- Civil unions/domestic partnerships<: We represent same-sex couples who seek to secure their future by formalizing a domestic partnership. We can advise LGBT couples who are in the process of dissolving a long-held civil union or domestic partnership, or a marriage legalized in state such as Massachusetts or Iowa.
- Adoptions: Focusing on stepparent adoptions, we represent families throughout South Jersey.
- Paternity: Our founding lawyer, Daniel K. Newman, assists in legal matters related to determination of paternity.
- Domestic violence: We represent people throughout South Jersey facing issues of domestic violence. Whether you are in need of a restraining order for your safety from a violent spouse, or you are in need of defense against unwarranted accusations of domestic violence, contact family law attorney Daniel K. Newman, who brings years of experience to every challenging family law matter.
Contact the Law Offices of Daniel K. Newman by calling 866-218-4778 or by completing our online form. At our South Jersey law firm, we offer free initial consultations regarding a wide range of family law issues like divorce, child custody and division of marital property.